Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Glamour Doll Eyes June Purchase Review

Yay graduation! As a present to myself, I decided to try out some indie brands I have never tried. One of those brands is Glamour Doll Eyes.  Not only was there free shipping, TAT was one day processing, and four days shipping!
What Did I Get?
I chose to go more with randoms since there are currently 120 different colors in the eye shadow section of their website - yikes! My preference was to have primarily more mattes and subtle colors since I am not yet able to pull off exciting colors.

 The Goodies! For June, there was a free full-sized eye shadow of Mermaid's Plumage and I also received two additional colors (Frat Boy and Girlfriend Sweater).

Mushroom - Deep taupe base with a silver duochrome
Love Affair - Pinkish goldish color
Graves in May - Grey with pink undertones and multicolored shimmer (V)
RoxxCandy - Very light blue with silver, green, and purple sparkles (V)


Undercover - Taupish brown (V)
Doll House - Very light yellow with blue sparkle (V)
Disclose - Blackened gold with red and orange shimmers (V)
Frat Boy - Blackened gold with green and silver sparkles (V)


Cheapskate - Light grey with a copper, gold, and darker grey duochrome
Rocket - Grey with blue and dark purple undertones with gold shimmer; complex color
Inconsiderate - Matte beige with red sheen (V)
Girlfriend Sweater - Gorgeous matte dark purple (V)

And of course, Mermaid's Plumage (V). Their website does not actually have this for sale nor the description of the color.
 The Swatches
To everyone, I am dreadfully sorry for these swatches. I'm working on the settings to make them look better (P.S. look for my Baroque Cosmetics review coming soon! Those pictures look so much better!) As always, everything is swatched over NYX milk.

From left to right, we have Mushroom, Love Affair, Graves In May, and Undercover. I really like Love Affair, as it is a nice sheer pink. Although unlike most of the Glamour Doll Eyes, this color is very light and would need to be built up to show up.

Next, we have RoxxCandy, Doll House, Disclose, and Frat Boy. Truly, this is probably some of my favorite colors. I was hesitant when I saw a yellow, but Doll House is actually a flattering color against my pale skin. Now, look at that sparkle from Frat Boy! When I opened the bag, I was shocked at the amount of sparkle. These four colors I am going to go through quickly including Frat Boy which is outside my comfort zone.

Our next swatches are Rocket, Cheapskate, Girlfriend Sweater, and Inconsiderate. Girlfriend Sweater is super matte and unfortunately I did not get a good picture of it.. This color reminds me of those super comfy sweaters you would wear if it was cold, or in my case what I wear all year long in Washington.



Lastly, I tried to get Girlfriend Sweater again along with Mermaid's Plumage. Mermaid's Plumage is gorgeous, and is has teals and aquas for sure. When I opened the jar, it reminded me exactly of a mermaid's tail.

Overall
I am super excited about these new colors I have added to my collection! Favorites would be: Doll House, Disclose, Love Affair, and Mermaid's Plumage.  The pigmentation of the colors is fantastic besides the colors meant to be much lighter. TAT was 1 day processing, and 4 days shipping. I do think their website is a little busy, but considering the size of their inventory it may not be feasible to condense their site. Pricing wise, they are at $6.00 for a full-size (2-2.5gm), $2.50 for a sample jar (1gm) and $1.25 for sample-sized baggie (.5gm).
Go check out Glamour Doll Eyes!





No comments:

Post a Comment