Sunday, July 6, 2014

AFK's Attack on Titan Collection.. Almost!

Let me start off with "ahhhh!" as I am a huge fan of Shingeki no Kyojin. So, I'm gonna have a little more fun with this review than my usual.  In fact, I was so excited, I ended up meeting with Dena of AFK Cosmetics since she is now in Washington! Her new collection is composed of ten different colors, but I will only be reviewing eight here today.
The Goods
For each full-sized jar, they each contain a cute little picture of the characters! I personally am an Eren fan so I went to his little picture first.
From my original purchase in May, I can tell Dena has put extra work on her brand image (pictures on jars, the awesome new business card, and an updated invoice sheet).
So left to right, top to bottom:
Female Titan
Suicidal Bastard
Mikasa
Potato Girl
Armored Titan
Clean Freak
A Goddess!?
104th Trainees Squad (Freebie)


 Swatches 
All over NYX milk
(Top to Bottom)
A Goddess!? - A light and bright buttery golden yellow with bit of sparkle and shimmer
Armored Titan - A matte orange red with small amount of gold sparkle
Clean Freak - Soft off white bordering cream with slight golden sheen
Suicidal Bastard - A very dark brown with deep red tint
(Note: My potato camera did not do these colors justice. Seriously. A Goddess!? is gorgeous!)
Female Titan - A slightly shimmery peach with slight golden yellow tint
Mikasa - A deep jewel toned red bordering burgundy with subtle sparkle
Potato Girl - A matte russet brown with an ever so slight golden glint
(Not as green as the photo shows)
104th Trainees Squad - A Matte dirty burnt orange

Thoughts
I love lots of these colors,but my top picks are:
A Goddess!?
Clean Freak (Sorry Eren...)
Mikasa
Female Titan

Overall
As usual, I don't have any bad thoughts about AFK Cosmetics. I love everything I have ever bought from Dena, and will continue to do so. If you are unsure of a color, please check out her site. They have swatches that are very accurate to what I received. Her prices range from $1.50 (1/4 tsp bag) to $5.00 (5gm jar).
 
Spoiler Alert: The descriptions of the shades may spoil parts of the show, especially if you are not reading the manga.

Obligatory AoT picture

No comments:

Post a Comment