Wednesday, May 7, 2014

AFK Cosmetics - First Order

Hey everyone! Did my first ever indie purchase (besides a subscription) from AFK cosmetics! A little about the company: They are a mother-daughter team out of Alaska, USA specializing in game-theme vegan and cruelty-free eye shadows. (So no blush or lippies) I ordered on April 29th, it shipped on May 1st, and I received my items on May 7th, so TAT is great especially since there was an issue with the post office. Dena was great, and sent me updates along the way!

Cute little baggies with a card!  (I don't know if Dena has business cards yet, but I would definitely recommend some since I like to keep cards from my purchases.) As I was saying, baggies were much smaller than expected, but they were packed with gorgeous shadows! My order was for five shadows and one freebie. Since samples were $1.50 and shipping was a flat $2.50, I felt it was very reasonable for them. 


So since I'm afraid of just spilling absolutely everything out of baggies, I found this AWESOME pill bottle at the Dollar Store. Seriously, this is amazing. It can hold 21 shadows and each set/day can be separated from the rest and it comes in a case so there is less chance of me spilling!




Now... onto the eye shadows! From left to right, we have:
Cupcake - A light, pearly, pinkish gold
Bronze V - Deep reddish brown bronze with gold flecks
Getting Stumped (Freebie) - Deep forest green with hints of gold, in direct light it appears more bring/spring green
Finales Funkeln - A silvery off white with flecks of silver, gold, and blue
F***in Shrooms - Dusty lavender with bright green flecks
Shadow Walker - Deep indigo and purple with red and copper flecks

No primers with the top being lightly pressed and the bottom being blended. Honestly thought I wouldn't like Getting Stumped as green isn't my favorite color on me but it really is pretty, especially blended. Also, note that awesome sparkle, specially with Cupcake and Finales Funkeln! Seriously, no primer, crappy lighting, and they shine through!

Final thoughts
This shop has truly beautiful colors! Prices range from $1.50 (sample) to $5.00 (full-size clamshell) and TAT currently at 5-7 days, although mine was much faster than that. For those of you who live outside the United States, they also sell internationally. 

Personally, my favorite shades are Finales Funkeln (seriously gorgeous with so much shimmer) and F***in Shrooms! 

Dena (and daughter), you are amazingly wonderful and I can't wait to see what new and exciting colors you will have next!

No comments:

Post a Comment